You're invited to Northlake's "Trunk or Treat" - a parking lot COVID safe event for kids to get some candy! Follow this link for more information: http://www.northlakeonline.org/get-involved/in-the-church/trunk-or-treat.html
Every year Northlake has hosted a Pumpkin Bash with the goal of creating a safe place for kids and families to celebrate halloween. With the current COVID-19 conditions we sought an alternative that still accomplished our goal while keeping everyone safe. What we landed on doing was hosting an outdoor Trunk or Treat event. This will involve individuals and families setting their cars up as a station for kids to come collect candy. Our Trunk or Treat will take place on Halloween day (Oct 31st) from 3-5pm in our parking lot.
Details On Covid:
The big question we had is how can we host an event while staying Covid compliment. Here are the guidelines we’ll be following to insure everyone is safe.
- Mask will be required to be worn by all volunteers and attendees at all times. While we will always keep parties 6ft apart from everyone we will require masks to go above and beyond to do our part.
- All cars/booths will be more than 6ft apart from one another.
- We’ll have cones and tape marking where kids can come to trick-or-treat while staying more than 6ft away from all volunteers/cars.
- Candy will be given out in 1 of three ways with volunteers always wearing gloves while handling candy. (The best thing kids/parents can do after the event is to leave their candy out for a few days to make sure no germs are being passed along.)
- Put down a PVC shoot into trick-or-treat bags.
- Thrown to kids on the ground (think parade style).
- Handed to kids with claw/grabber extensions.
- We’ll mark places for kids and families to wait in line for the next booth.